Skip to main content

Worth splurging or not? Find out my Base Makeup Experience: From High-End to Low-End Products.



Hello guys!
Welcome back to my blog. I am Urmila Karmakar and today I'm gonna share with you my personal makeup experience from the basic Drugstore brand to high-end professional brand available in India. To my old readers you already know but to the new visitors let me tell you I got middle-tan skin tone and finding the perfect shade in India is a tough challenge. I hate the whitish cast on the skin that are flooded in the Indian market. I only covered Foundation and Compact Powders in this blog. Concealers are not yet included in this blog, stay updated for my concealer journey next.


 So I was curious if only high end makeup can give you that vogue-skin or if budget friendly makeup options can also make you a Greek goddess. So let’s find out below:

HIGH-END: M.A.C. STUDIO FIX RANGE



FOUNDATION: M.A.C. STUDIO FIX FLUID SPF 15  #NC42
There’s a reason why celebrity and makeup artists swear-by this product. Its really really really high coverage you guys! Not to mention it’s dermatological tested and skin friendly. The texture is heavy liquid and finish is matte. Application is tricky or else might look cakey. Best if used with wet sponge. Its perfect for parties and all day events. Stays intact for 12 hours. It justifies the price of Rs.2700 for 30 ml.
RATINGS: 4.5/5


COMPACT POWDER: M.A.C. STUDIO FIX POWDER PLUS FOUNDATION #NC43.5
Hands down “The Best” compact powder I have ever used. This is a magic product. The coverage is insane. Perfectly mattifies skin. Can be used alone with only a moisturizer/sunscreen underneath. Just that I think I brought a shade that’s just my skin. NC 42 would have gave me a perfect bright skin. Other than this its totally amazing. Highly recommend this. Rs. 2700 for 15 gm.
RATINGS: 4/5

MIDDLE-END: L’OREAL PARIS TRUE MATCH RANGE


FOUNDATION: L’OREAL PARIS TRUE MATCH SUPER BLENDABLE FOUNDATION #6.N Mel Honey
This foundation is again a new favourite of mine. I discovered this quite late but this is a magic from the house of L'Oreal. There are days when you don’t wanna go heavy with the skin and keep it little dewy I use this foundation. It is liquid consistency and has an amazing velvety texture and gives a million-dollar glow as it got tiny-mini glitter sparkles which is very tough to see. It gives a flawless finish. A steal at Rs. 799/- for 30 ml. Go for this without any further delay and you will thank me later.
RATINGS: 5/5

COMPACT POWDER: L’OREAL PARIS TRUE MATCH SUPER BLENDABLE PERFECTING POWDER #G.5/W.5 Golden Sand
Okay so my expectations were really high thinking the brand value and my awesome experience with the foundation of the same range and also on this seeing such a classy uber stylish packaging. But this product did not quite met up to my expectations. Its gives a very light coverage and nothing much significant other than the mattifying effect on the skin. Rs.725 for 9 gm.
RATINGS: 2/5

LOW-END: LAKME RADIANCE RANGE


FOUNDATION: LAKME INVISIBLE FINISH FOUNDATION SPF 8 #04
We all have literally grown up using Lakme foundations. It comes in a matte looking glass bottle with a spatula. It is a decent foundation from Lakme in such a budget of Rs 260/- for 25 ml. I think college-goers or people with less budget can definitely choose this foundation. It covers my all my expectations in the field of staying power (5-8 hours), coverage (medium), easily bendable and packaging. I think it’s a quite a good buy. Even comes with a variety if shades from fair to brown skin tones. Natural finish for regular use.
RATINGS: 3.5/5

COMPACT POWDER: LAKME RADIANCE COMPACT #Natural Shell
Finally I don’t think this product needs any introduction. I think I’ve used 10 or more cases of this in my life and have seen my maa use it since times immemorial. This was one of the first makeup products that I ever used. I love this product ***nostalgia*** and carry it often to college even today. It’s a staple and a steal deal for such quality at Rs. 150/- for 9 gms. Frankly coverage wise it’s a natural finish and often gives a good brightness. They do not have much dark shades in this range. Still I find this shade works for me on top of a bb cream or so. It mattifies the skin and a good average compact as per the price. I would regard this as the Best affordable compact even today.
RATINGS: 4/5

So finally I have ranked all the six products according to the ratings as per my experience. 
Hope you guys like this blog. Please like my facebook page here:  https://www.facebook.com/pg/Beauty-Tips-Made-Easy-187302198628437/posts/?ref=page_internal. And do comment and share my post. Say what you like to know next in the comment box below. Thanks all. Have a gorgeous day ahead!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MASK TIME: O3+ Professional Seaweed Purifying Mask Review

Hello homies! How are you all doing in this lockdown? (comment below).  P resenting Today πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰   “ O3+ Professional Seaweed Purifying Mask ”. I have been using this product for a long time now (almost 4-5 months) but this is my 1st review about a product from the brand- O3+ Professional. Ok first let me enlighten you that there are 2 sizes available : πŸ’πŸ’“ The mini size   πŸ’²      :            ₹110/- for 5 gm The full size     πŸ’°      :           ₹955 for 50 gm. Shopped from  πŸ›’      :           Nykaa.com  [for discounts] Suitable for       πŸ‘‰      :           Normal to Oily skin types Let me tell you some of the benefits of Seaweed first. The antioxidants in  seawee...

PRODUCT REVIEW: THE BODY SHOP “TEA TREE 3IN1” WASH.SCRUB.MASK

Hello guys!πŸ•¬πŸ˜„πŸ˜Ž How are you all doing? (comment below ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ) So I am again up with a new blog. I have been using The Body Shop for a long time but this is my 1st product review of this brand!  πŸ’Œ Now let's begin the review of 🠊🠊  The Body Shop TEA TREE 3-IN-1 WASH.SCRUB.MASK Like yours, my ears were also flooded with the use of “Tea-Tree” in skin care! Then I finally researched little bit on them & found the benefits of Tea-Tree: The Tea-tree is very effective in  treating acne & purification of the skin;  but it can also be used to reduce the production of facial oils . This means that Tea Tree Oil can help you to control your normal-oily face! Here’s the product description from their official website: “Our Tea Tree 3-in-1 Wash Scrub Mask gives you three products in one to help battle blemishes and excess oil. When used as a wash, the foaming product removes impurities and excess oil; as a scrub, the exfoliants unclog po...

L.A. GIRL PRO COVERAGE HD ILLUMINATING FOUNDATION REVIEW (shade #Warm Beige)

Hi Beauties, In this post I am going to talk about one of the most raved about International brand – LA Girl (which hit the Indian market recently…finally!!!!). I have used their Pro Coverage Illuminating Foundation in the shade Warm Beige. I have been waiting to try out this brand, especially their face products, after seeing all the international beauty bloggers go crazy on this brand. Read on to find more about the product. DESCRIPTION: - “L.A GIRL presents a Pro Coverage High Definition foundation to give you that smooth, more natural looking base you desire. A long wear illuminating liquid foundation which is ideal for a flawless looking, full coverage finish. This is a lightweight formula that is comfortable for all day wear. Paraben free formula with added anti-oxidants helps hydrate and improve that skin’s appearance. Now available to extend the colour range even further, L.A Girl Pro Coverage HD foundation mixer to adjust and customize colour. Available in 16 s...